CV - Stephen Anthony Davids
- BA (Hons) Youth & Community Work, Higher Diploma in Youth & Community Work ( Canterbury Christchurch, George Williams )
- Post grad in Advertising & design (Portfolio),
- Posy Graduate Certificate (Portfolio) in Graphic Design and Advertising, (School of Communication Arts) 1991 - 1993
- Senior Practitioner with 22 years of experience in education, charity and the public sector.
- Specialist in behaviour management and working with primary and secondary education students KS1 – KS4 using art with a focus on therapeutic models of working.
2019 - Present Behaviour consultant, artist and Thrive Practitioner, Essex
Grants & Awards
2020 Arts Council Bursary
2020 Awarded one of five BHM Live/Launchpad Commissions 2020
Membership of professional organisations
2020 ACME studio resident
2020 Registered THRIVE Practitioner.
2020 Member of A-N ( Artist Newsletter )
2020 Member of AXIS.
2003 - 2006 Board member (Secretary) for LYAN (London Youth Arts Network)
SELECTED EXHIBITIONS AND COMMUNITY ART PROJECTS
2020 The art of the Outsider, Nelly Duff, London
2013 Moniker Art Fair, London, Tag Fine Arts
2013 Pen and Ink and a lick of paint, Solo show Faversham, Kent
2010 BAF New York, Tag Fine Arts
2009 Drewetts Autcioneers, Group Show Nick Walker, Goldie, D-Face etc.
2007 Transition Gallery, Blanc Noir, group exhibition ( Oct 2007 )
2007 Torture Foundation, Art Auction with Bridgette Riley, Ralph Stedman
2007 Mulberry School for Girls, workshops for National Youth Conference
2006 Art Miami. Art Chicago USA ( showing 5 drawings and paintings ) with ST-ART gallery
2005 Identity exhibition – ( Exhibition exploring identity ), collaboration with 5 artists Chapel Gallery,Ormskirk, Lancashire.UK
2005 Open Spaces, Nottingham
2005 Raw Arts Festival, Candid Arts, London.
2004 Art Auction, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer in conjunction with Sotheby’s, London.
2004 Raw Tower Hamlets Summer University. SS Robin Barge. Canary Wharf
2003 No Fear, Street Art Project in partnership with Brady Arts Centre. Whitechapel. London.
2002 Urban Art #2, Summer University, Tower Hamlets. Whitechapel. London.
2002 Passsge Cloute Beaux Arts, PARIS, France, Children's Arts Workshop.
2002 Open Studios, Cable St. London
2002 East London Printmakers, London
2001 Urban Art, Tower Hamlets Summer University. Whitechapel. London
2001 Urban Art, Workshop, Royal Festival Hall. Southbank. London.
2001 Street Art Workshop, POPLAR Harca. London
2001 L’atelier des enfants, Children's Community Art Project and workshop. Paris. France.
2001 Kids Stuff, Children’s Art Project and workshops. POPLAR Harca.London.
2001 Open Studios, ACME. London
2000 Open Studios, Cable St. London
2000 Raw, Decima Gallery. Bermondsey. London.
- John Lewis Partnership c/o Attic & King & McGraw publishing, 2012
- Print and card designs as part of Home range, launched in Sept 2012.
- Nelly Duff, London, 2019 – present.
- Polite Cards with artists Sir Peter Blake, David Shrigley, Stella Vine
- Published by King & McGraw 20011 – 2015
- The Other Art Fair, London, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- The Affordable Art Fair, London, New York, Chicago, 2004/03/05/06/07/08/09/10-2019
- Works on paper, RCA. ( Royal College of Art ) 2005, 2004,2003
- Zoo Artfair 2005, London
- Art Chicago 2005/2004/2003, USA.
- Art Miami – Miami Florida, USA- 2004/2005/2006
- The Art on Paper Fair, London – 2003/02/01
- Battersea Contemporary Art Fair, London – 2003/02//01/00/99
- Brussels Art Fair, Brussels – 2003/2004
- Art Europe, Paris. France – 2002/2001/2000/1999
- Gent Belgium Flanders Expo. Brussels. Belgium – 2002/2001
- La Bastille, Paris – 2002/2001
WORK IN COLLECTIONS/COMMISSIONS
- NHS – The Royal London Hospital, Mural on Grosvenor B Children’s Ward Private commission (2) 8ft by 5ft paintings. London.
- Commissioned by Eddie and Nina Fowler. JKD Associates. (London)
- My work is in private collections in Europe: Italy, Switzerland, Paris, Israel, Spain, New York, Australia and England.
- DESIGNS FOR T-SHIRTS- Top Shop, Daniel James, Skate and Club Market. Logos for independent Record labels
- Tag Fine Arts, London, 2008 – 2009
- Rebecca Hossack, London & New York, 2009 - 2011
EDITORIALS AND PUBLICATIONS
- Interview, Hidden Depths, Beast Magazine, (April 2020)
- Articles in The Guardian, ( 25th Jan 2006 ) Naïve artist draws on life experiences by Evening Standard,
- The Independent on Sunday. May 21st (2006) Catherine Jarvie.
- The Art Newspaper, No. 157, April 21, 2005
- Southwark Weekender, December 10th 2004. Issue 33
- The Guide, The Guardian, Saturday November 27 – Friday December 2004.
- Set up my own gallery f-art ( Artspace ) off Brick Lane London E2 in April 2005 - 2009, selling and promoting original graphic art alongside contemporary and selected works by illustrators, photographers and artists.
- Exhibiting and showing vintage collectables objects, furniture art, toys and Artbooks.